FIRST CONTACTS AND THE START
In 1952, arrives to a visit to Portugal, the Rev. Rodolpho Hasse, then the Igreja Evangélica Luterana do Brasil (IELB) President, with the intention to introduce a radio program and verify the possibility to the Luteran's missionary work in Portugal.
In 1954, the IELB's 32ª National Convention, officially authorizes the beggining of the mission in Portugal.
At 03 July of 1958, the first Lutheran Congregation was organized, in Lisbon.
At 28 May of 1959, the foundation of the Igreja Evangélica Luterana Potuguesa
The activities of the IELP, had been concentrated, initially in the region between Lisbon and Caldas da Rainha
In the 70’s, the activities had been expanded northward of the Country. At the beginning of the 90’s, the first parish in the region of Porto was established.
The IELP keeps currently, regular activities in four localities: Mercês (Lisbon), Maia (Porto), Ponte de Lima (North) Angra do Heroismo (Açores).